The City of Mascotte believes and supports the concept that "Our Employees are the Experts at their jobs." Working toward this endeavor, Public Services is dedicated to providing training to all department employees.
As the City grows, it becomes more important that individual employees branch out and become experts in specific areas. This is often best accomplished through certification programs.
The City of Mascotte also groups with the Town of Howey-in-the-Hills to obtain joint training that benefits both and reduces the cost of training.
Past Training Achievements
- July 28- Charles Gibson, Dewayne Johnson, Richard Kirby, Nick McDonald, Sammy Valadez, and Larry Walker passed the Florida Department of Training certification for roadway maintenance safety.
- June 18- Richard Kirby, Nick McDonald, Curtis Upshaw, and Larry Walker all passed the training for the Scada System at the Knight St. water plant.
- June 10- Richard Kirby passed his back flow repair training and is certified to repair back flows.
- April 7- Curtis Upshaw passed his water class C license exam.
- March 6- Richard Kirby passed his back flow tester training and is a certified back flow tester.
- December 15- Nick McDonald is a qualified Storm Water Management inspector.
- April 18- Nick McDonald passed his pesticide license exam.